How to show/hide specific columns in the ‘Item Properties’ panel displayed in the Nintex task edit form?
In Global Settings for Nintex Workflow in Central Administration, there is a setting called Task form properties view – the default value is Workflow Task View.
If a view of this name is found on the list or library the workflow is running on, then only the fields specified in this view will be displayed in the item properties panel.
A Nintex workflow task approval form has an Item Properties section that will show all the columns from the current item in a list/library from where the workflow is running. When you have more columns / don’t want to show specific column from the current list item in the Item Properties panel you can show or hide based on our requirement.
To do that follow the below steps:
- Go to the list/library where the workflow is attached.
- Open and modify the “Workflow Task View”. If this view does not exist, create a new view with the name “Workflow Task View”.
- Add or remove the necessary columns, then click OK to finish.
The Item Properties panel on workflow task edit form will now display the columns in the Workflow Task View.
- In the Item Properties Panel, we cannot remove / hide the “Workflow Status” column and it will be the first item in the Item Properties panel.
- Workflow Task View has to have at least one column in the view.